Byzantine-Romanesque style church designed by Henry Dagit, a well-known Philadelphia architect. Built in 1908, the Roman Catholic church features pioneering construction technologies, including Guastavino vaults and domes and reinforced concrete.
Initial phases included a structural conditions assessment, non-destructive and material testing.
Subsequent phases included a full analysis of the main dome and its supporting structure, targeted roof replacements, masonry repairs, innovative support of the dome’s internal gutter system and repairs at the lantern. Jeffrey Beane was a senior engineer for all phases of design and construction from 2009-2012.*
*completed at previous firm.